Thursday 5 November 2015

Salt as an effective stain remover..removes even blood stain!



Salt removes even  blood stain


Apart from making food delicious salt has a lot of uses about 14,000 of them or so. Our grandmas would probably be familiar with most of them. The most familiar use of salt is surely in the kitchen but seems I just found out one of the many uses of salt and this one was shocking personally.

I found out yesterday actually when I got a cut on my hand and the wound bled and stained my white shorts. I was obviously livid that is considering how hard the washing would be especially as the blood stain dried. Anyways don’t know what made me just do a Google search to find a fast stain removal I could try…and guess what i saw? I read one home remedy for removing blood using salt. It was a very funny situation i must say because i thought it was just one of those funny this can do this! This can do this!  Untrue articles but I decided since it was just salt which I had in abundance at home I might well put it to the test.

Salt removes even  blood stain

So i made a small area of a towel damp, then poured some salt on the damp spot of the cloth. I then gently rubbed the salt over the blood stain. The salt seemed to absorb the blood from my shorts.
I continued to rub across the stain and tried not to press down so the stain wouldn’t go deeper into the short. I could see it was working and the salt granules pulled the blood from fabric…and wala! The stain was out…much to my surprise.
Once I got the stain out, I used a little cold water to dampen the area for a final clean up.
Today i am happy to report that the stain on my short is completely gone. If you have a blood stain to remove, I would highly recommend that you try out this home remedy….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different website
and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you.
Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.


My website - Colon cleansing diet

Olabode Mohammed Awofolu said...

Interesting, would surely give this a try, have you tried it on other stains though???